Reporting to the Certification Manager, you will review applications for certification in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065, the regulation of Electrical Articles in NSW, the regulation for in scope electrical equipment under the ERAC Electrical Equipment Safety System (EESS) and Conformity Certification Services Pty Ltd (the Company) policies and procedures. This position is full time, remuneration is in accordance with qualifications and experience, with 10% superannuation.
- To ensure that all the requirements of the Management System Manual are meticulously adhered to;
- Review of applications for certification;
- To ensure that all records of applications including technical information, communication, certificates issued are recorded and kept and that samples are placed in a safe and secure location;
- Maintain confidentiality of the applicant at all times;
- To treat all applicants as equals without favour to any business, group or association and maintain impartiality at all times. Where potential conflicts of interest may exist, appropriate corrective actions must be taken;
- Understanding and participation in the continual development of the Quality and other systems supporting EESS Conformity Certification; and
- Participate in developing marketing strategies for EESS Conformity Certification in cooperation with the Certification Manager.
- Accuracy and timeliness for the duties assigned;
- Adhere to the Management System Manual;
- Documents to be maintained in accordance with set procedures;
- Records to be maintained in accordance with set procedures. Details are to be complete and accurately made for every certificate issued;
- Work related communication to the Client and Certification Manager is timely, appropriate, open and accurate; and
- Continual improvement of the Management System
- Clear understanding in applying Standards to Electrical Equipment in an efficient and effective manner
- Understanding of the general concepts and electrical theory when applied to electrical/electronic equipment and accessories;
- Sound technical and professional knowledge of electrical equipment safety;
- Ethical behaviour and Social responsibility;
- Customer focus and service orientation;
- Analytical skills and a logical approach to all issues;
- Commitment to ongoing professional development;
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills; and
- Effective team player.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree qualification in electrical engineering and at least 2 years’ experience in the use of electrical equipment safety standards for regulatory purposes; or
- An advanced diploma or equivalent qualification in an electrical discipline and at least 3 years’ experience in the use of electrical equipment safety standards for regulatory purposes; or
- A trade qualification in an electrical discipline and at least 4 years’ experience in the use of electrical equipment safety standards for regulatory purposes, or
- Consideration for an individual wanting to work up to the above credentials.